Founded and headquartered in Switzerland, Avaloq is continuously expanding its global footprint with around 2,500 colleagues in 10 countries, and more than 160 clients in 35 countries. We are an industry-leading provider of wealth management technology and services for financial institutions around the world, including private banks and wealth managers, investment managers, as well as retail and neo banks. Our research led approach and continual innovation is powered by the passion and creativity of our colleagues.
We are always looking for talented people to join us on our mission to orchestrate the financial ecosystem and democratize access to wealth management. Avaloq offers the opportunity to work closely with some of the world’s leading financial institutions as we jointly develop and shape careers. Championing a collaborative, supportive and flexible work environment empowers our colleagues to reach their full potential.
We are the Analytics domain teams helping financial institutions to easily adopt and use, as well as gather and analyze data from our Avaloq products, within a wide ecosystem. We believe our colleagues comes first, thinking different is an asset and innovation comes by putting customer experience first in our design thinking.
We are looking for a strong resource who has both business acumen and technical experience, to become part of these domains, driving the interactions and collaboration with existing and potential clients.
- Closely collaborate with the Product Owner, Business Analysts and other Software Engineers distributed worldwide
- Implement Data Pipelines.
- Implement Data Analytics - Big data exploration, extraction, processing and ingestion to different SQL and NonSQL storage systems
- Design, develop and maintain new/existing solutions within the team’s responsibility
- Improve and optimize existing functionalities
- Develop and maintain automated tests
- Take ownership and responsibility for your area of expertise
- Ensure high quality on the delivery and efficient communication
What you need
- University degree in Computer Science/Physics/Engineering/Mathematics or comparable education
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in the fintech or financial sector
- Practical experience implementing container platforms, preferably OpenShift / Kubernetes
- Familiarity in streaming technology like Kafka, Kafka Connect
- Analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Competent in one or more programming and scripting languages
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Experience in Big Data / Data Analytics productive environments, using technologies such as distributed SQL engines / file systems
- Experience in Stream Processing, Streaming Data, and Data Pipelines
You will get extra points for
- Experience with Distributed SQL engines
- Experience in implementing Microservices
- Hands-on experience with Snowflake
- Understanding of data visualization using software like Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI, Yellowfin
- Practical experience on Infrastructure as code like Terraform
- Banking know-how or experience working on financial solutions
- Work Experience in team with Agile Scrum
- Expertise in data warehousing, modelling and data management tools
- Knowledge and experience on Avaloq Banking Suite
We realize that managing work life balance is a challenge we all face in our daily lives and in order to support with this we are pleased to offer hybrid and flexible working for most of our Avaloqers to maintain work life balance and still continue our fantastic Avaloq culture in our global offices.
In Avaloq we are proud to embrace diversity and understand the success of our business is built on the power of different opinions, we are whole heartedly committed to fostering an equal opportunity environment and inclusive culture where you can be your true authentic self.
We hire, compensate and promote regardless of origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other fantastic traits that make us all unique, we have done our best to write this advert in an inclusive and neutral way.
Please be aware that we will not accept speculative CV submissions for any of our roles from recruitment agencies, and any unsolicited candidate submissions will be exempt from any payment expectations