Sep 08, 2023
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
The Game Changers:
At AP+ we're changing the game! We're doing big things, and we can't do it alone. We're part of a big ecosystem, and we know teamwork and passion for our purpose is what will make us successful. We value the unique talents, perspectives, of all our employees. This includes people of all gender identities and sexual orientations, First Nations Peoples, people of all abilities and diverse backgrounds, as well as their families.
AP+ brings together Australia’s three domestic payment providers, BPAY Group, eftpos and NPP Australia, into one integrated entity. Bringing these businesses together enables AP+ to create a more competitive and coordinated Australian payments organisation that is strategically placed to respond to the impacts of regulatory and technological change today, and into the future.
The Data team works across AP+ scheme and consumer payment experiences, interfacing with AP+ customers as well as with internal product and business stakeholders.
As part of our growing Data Team, the Data Engineer role will work with large, complex cloud-based data sets, and need knowledge of one or more data processing technologies and a solid understanding of data modelling concepts. This is a highly technical role with direct accountability for the delivery of projects, working within a multi-disciplined team of engineers, analysts and product leads.
- Build and develop data pipelines to ingest and transform data.
- Ensuring integrity (accuracy, consistency, and completeness), of the data available on the modern data platform
- Work with data analysts and business users to build and maintain the master data catalogue and system documentation.
- Build and maintain integrations between data lake, data warehouse, real-time streaming platforms, databases, ETL tools, governance, and BI tools.
- Write python scripts to manipulate and transform complex datasets, merge different data sets together, reformat data.
- Create and Publish data flow diagrams and data models.
- Secure data at rest and in Transit through encryption.
- Create and deploy automated machine learning data models that meet the desired business outcomes.
- Improve the current BI architecture, emphasizing data security, data quality, timeliness, scalability, and extensibility.
- Support platform enhancements, capacity management, performance monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of technical issues.
- Provide second level support on a rotational roster.
We’d love to hear from you if you have;
- Proven experience building and maintaining bank grade data infrastructure.
- Familiarity with data reconciliation, PII and PCI concepts for working with payment card and transaction data.
- Thorough experience in transforming and manipulating large and complex datasets.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL modern data stores, able to write complex queries and transformations.
- Experience in implementing data warehousing (snowflake) solutions in large commercial environments.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Good understanding of data mappings, data modelling, data profiling, query design, data flow and pipeline design
- Extensive knowledge of cloud scripting (Python) in one or more data processing technologies
We know applying for a role can be a nerve-wracking experience, so we endeavor to review applications and plan to schedule screening interviews within the next two weeks. If you are among selected candidates, we’ll be in touch to schedule a phone interview. In any case, we will keep you posted on the status of your application.
We want to remove all barriers to inclusion so if you need advice or support with your application, we’re here to help. Please reach out to [email protected]. We also encourage you to let us know your pronouns at any point during the recruitment process.
AP+ are not working with recruitment agencies on this role.