Aura is on a mission to create a safer internet. In a world where our lives are increasingly online, Aura's category-defining suite of intelligent digital safety products help millions of customers protect themselves against digital threats, and that number is growing rapidly. This is an exciting phase at Aura, and our team of over 400 people worldwide is guided by a leadership slate that's successfully grown startups into multi-billion dollar organizations.
Come build with us!
About the role:
We are seeking a highly skilled Data Scientist to join our team and help us build and maintain customer-facing machine learning models. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining cutting edge AI models with an emphasis on online security, particularly for children. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in machine learning and experience in early childhood development / child psychology.
Day to Day:
- Design, develop, and maintain AI models to identify key online behaviors in children
- Exploratory data analysis to surface new features and opportunities for additional data collection
- Coordinate with other data scientists and data engineers to manage data dependencies, model deployment and lifecycle
- Engage experts in the field to understand key trends impacting children and indicators of concern that may be visible through their devices
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and adopt them as warranted to improve model performance.
What you bring to the table:
- Demonstrable experience in machine learning and childhood development / psychology
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms and techniques
- Strong programming skills in Python or similar programming languages
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as opportunities for career growth and advancement. If you are passionate about helping apply AI to keep children safe online and want to help us deliver the next generation of machine learning models, we want to hear from you!
Aura is proud to be an equal employment workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, or any protected category. Beyond equal employment opportunity, Aura is committed to being an inclusive community where all feel welcome.
Aura is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know.
Important privacy information for California job applicants can be found here.