We are looking for a Data Scientist to innovate advanced modeling and optimization solutions as parts of Applied Materials Global Spares Planning and Supply Chain - Modeling Team.
What’s in it for you?
You will find yourself developing solutions to the hardest problems in the field of global planning and supply chain. In this course, you will have the opportunity to innovate and develop advanced models using advanced statistics, simulation environments and advanced technologies. With these models, you can develop operational guidelines, make informed decisions, and enable solutions to complex problems.
Our team consists of data engineer, data scientist and data analyst, working together to enlarge advanced forecasting, simulation and optimization approaches to solve problems beyond the current capabilities of Applied Materials global spare parts planning and supply chain.
- Researcher: analyze and understand the research problem, set up experiments; run experiments; perform data analysis; and present recommendations to management.
- Build innovative advanced models by combining statistics methods, simulation, and business intelligence.
- Constantly measure, analyze, and improve our product performance, to improve user satisfaction as well as desired success criteria.
- Identify opportunities for enriching and integrating data from multiple, diverse sources.
- Identify and design new model features and implement them in our product.
- Develop & publish supportive dashboards and reports and share knowledge with relevant stakeholders.
- Establish standardized data, implement code version control, schedule workflows, and develop business and schema tests.
- Collaborate with process owners to implement operational guidance derived from our modeling products into the planning team, as well as provide training packages and documentations.
Skills and Experience
- B.Sc./M.Sc in Computer Sciences / Mathematics / Statistics or Engineering
- 2+ years of proven experience in Statistical Modeling and Advanced Analysis.
- Technical orientation; experience with SQL, Python, or other scripting languages - Must
- Quantitative experience in Statistics - Must
- Problem solver combined with strong communication and analytical skills.
- Experience with a Data Visualization tool (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik) - Advantage
- Experience with open-source toolkits: scikit-learn, pandas, NumPy - Advantage
Who we are?
As part of Applied Materials Global Spares, our team is in Israel. Through Applied Materials Global Spares (AGS), we optimize the utilization and efficiency of our customers around the world. At AGS, we are developing an optimized service network with optimized inventory management, as well as advanced modeling for demand planning, logistics operation, and supplier signals.
Get ready to go hybrid!
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.