Be Challenged and Make a Difference
In a world of technology, people make the difference. We believe if we invest in great people, then great things will happen. At AnaVation, we provide unmatched value to our customers and employees through innovative solutions and an engaging culture.
Description of Task to be Performed:
AnaVation is looking for a talented Full Stack Data Engineer who is passionate about technology and working with customers and a strong team to provide solutions for our mission-critical customer. The ideal candidate appreciates partnering with our customer and team of engineers to create innovative engineering solutions. The selected candidate will work with a small group of developers building a Cyber data lake. If you are looking to be challenged, then this is the environment for you. This position supports 80% remote work with up to one day per week in our Chantilly, VA office. The candidate will be required to pass a high-risk public trust background investigation.
· Develop tools and processes to ingest Cyber data into an enterprise data lake.
· Make recommendations on standards for a common Cyber data model and standards for harmonization of common data elements on data ingest.
· Develop and evaluate tools to search, analyze, discover, and otherwise exploit data in the data lake to support investigative operations.
- 5 or more years of relational database design and development (PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server)
- 5 or more years of ETL/ELT development experience · 2 or more years with Linux environment experience
- 2 or more years’ experience with shell scripting
- Experience implementing data access controls
- Experience analyzing unstructured, structured, and semi-structured data
- Strong technical and computational skills, coupled with the ability relate data to use cases, mission requirements, and end-user experience
- Experience with development in one or more programming or scripting languages (Java/Python/Go)
- Active Secret Clearance or High Risk Public Trust Suitability
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with cloud data solutions such as AWS RedShift, AWS DynamoDB and Azure Cosmos DB
- Experience with search technologies such as Elasticsearch, AWS Opensearch, Azure Cognitive search, SOLR, etc
- Experience with Databricks, Azure Syanpse, or Apache Spark
- Experience with cloud concepts and big data architectures such as Hadoop, Kafka, etc.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and practices
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Experience working in Agile Environments
- Experience with DevOps toolsets
- Familiarity with containerization (Docker, Containerd, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with microservices
· Generous cost sharing for medical insurance for the employee and dependents
· 100% company paid dental insurance for employees and dependents
· 100% company paid long-term and short term disability insurance
· 100% company paid vision insurance for employees and dependents
· 401k plan with generous match and 100% immediate vesting
· Competitive Pay
· Generous paid leave and holiday package
· Tuition and training reimbursement
· Life and AD&D Insurance
AnaVation is the leader in solving the most complex technical challenges for collection and processing in the U.S. Federal Intelligence Community. We are a US owned company headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. We deliver groundbreaking research with advanced software and systems engineering that provides an information advantage to contribute to the mission and operational success of our customers. We offer complex challenges, a top-notch work environment, and a world-class, collaborative team.
If you want to grow your career and make a difference while doing it, AnaVation is the perfect fit for you!