Be Challenged and Make a Difference
In a world of technology, people make the difference. We believe if we invest in great people, then great things will happen. At AnaVation, we provide unmatched value to our customers and employees through innovative solutions and an engaging culture.
Description of Task to be Performed: AnaVation is seeking a Data Scientist to join our team and support our mission critical customer in Reston, VA. As our Data Scientist, you will employ data science and analytic methodologies to use data sets to identify patterns and relationships. The Data Scientist will support the automation, reporting, and data visualization to improve cyber service delivery capabilities. You will research the latest technologies to conduct high performing, highly scalable distributed big data analysis in order to produce faster relevant data-science analytics and visualize the results. You will support quarterly innovation white papers, work with the Engineering team to identify and document new data sources, data schemas, and support data. As Data Scientist, you will provide an analytical approach to share situational awareness of network topology, threat and other information, and provide the health and status of customer defenses. You will also work with the Cloud Engineer and service users on analytics, visualizations, and dashboard capabilities to enhance situational awareness, risk analysis, and response coordination.
- Clearance: Active TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph
- Education & Years of Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience related to specific functional area
- Certifications: Currently hold, or be able to attain a IAT II certification (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent) and CSSP Infrastructure certification.
- Experience and knowledge on:
- Working collaboratively across cross-functional teams of all experience levels
- Creating, maintaining, and updating related knowledge management and technical documentation
- Analyzing unstructured and semi-structured data, including entity identification and tagging, complex event processing (CEP), and the application of analysis algorithms on distributed, clustered, and cloud-based high-performance infrastructures
- Visualization of large-scale analysis and presentation of data
- Technical and computational skills, coupled with the ability relate data to use cases, mission requirements, and end-user experience
- Use of tools and computational skills to interpret, connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver recommendations for business and analytic decisions
- Experience with Cloud-based data analysis tools
- Experience with visual analytic tools
- Security certifications: CySA+, SSCP, or equivalent certification
- AWS certification
- Cloud certifications
- Familiar with networking concepts and protocols
- Familiar with software development tools and platforms (ex. Git, Docker, Jupyter, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in numerical optimization techniques
- Advanced degree or publication record in an applicable technical field
- Familiarity with data pipelining and streaming technologies (ex. Apache Kafka, Apache Nifi, etc.)
- Demonstrated contributions to open-source software repositories (ex. github, kaggle, etc.)
- Experience deploying ML models on cloud platforms (ex. AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience generating training data
- Experience communicating empirical research results in written, visual, and spoken forms to technical and non-technical audiences (ex. graduate degree or publication record in a relevant field)
· Generous cost sharing for medical insurance for the employee and dependents
· 100% company paid dental insurance for employees and dependents
· 100% company paid long-term and short term disability insurance
· 100% company paid vision insurance for employees and dependents
· 401k plan with generous match and 100% immediate vesting
· Competitive Pay
· Generous paid leave and holiday package
· Tuition and training reimbursement
· Life and AD&D Insurance
AnaVation is the leader in solving the most complex technical challenges for collection and processing in the U.S. Federal Intelligence Community. We are a US owned company headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. We deliver groundbreaking research with advanced software and systems engineering that provides an information advantage to contribute to the mission and operational success of our customers. We offer complex challenges, a top-notch work environment, and a world-class, collaborative team.
If you want to grow your career and make a difference while doing it, AnaVation is the perfect fit for you!