Senior Applied Scientist, Sponsored Display, Amazon Ads
Nov 18, 2023
Seattle, WA, USA
About Amazon Advertising:
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers of all types to reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
About our team:
Sponsored Display (SD) is Amazon Advertising’s first self-service display advertising offering. It empowers any advertiser – regardless of budget size, advertising experience, or technical expertise – to set up display campaigns that show ads on key placements across Amazon websites and apps (Amazon.com, Twitch, IMDb), devices (Kindle, Fire Tablet, Fire TV, Echo), third party websites (e.g., nytimes.com) and mobile apps.
About the role:
As science leader on this team you will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and scientific research, through to development and deployment of advanced models - giving you a real sense of ownership. The systems that you help to build will operate at massive scale to display ads to customers around the world. From day one, you will be working with experienced scientists, engineers, and designers who love what they do.
We are looking for Senior Applied Scientist who can help us take our products to the next level who has deep passion for building machine-learning solutions, ability to communicate data insights and scientific vision, and a proven track record of execute complex projects.
As an Senior Applied Scientist in Sponsored Display, you will:
- Conduct hands-on data analysis, build large-scale machine-learning models and pipelines
- Work closely with software engineers on detailed requirements, technical designs and implementation of end-to-end solutions in production
- Run regular A/B experiments, gather data, perform statistical analysis, and communicate the impact to senior management
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large-scale data analysis, machine-learning model development, model validation and serving
- Provide technical leadership, research new machine learning approaches to drive continued scientific innovation
- Be a member of the Amazon-wide Machine Learning Community, participating in internal and external seminars and conferences
- Help attract and recruit technical talent
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of building machine learning models for business application experience
- PhD, or Master's degree and 6+ years of applied research experience
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Experience with neural deep learning methods and machine learning
- Experience with modeling tools such as R, scikit-learn, Spark MLLib, MxNet, Tensorflow, numpy, scipy etc.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $136,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $260,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.