Machine Learning Engineer, Sponsored Display, Amazon Ads
Nov 08, 2023
Santa Monica, California, USA
About Amazon Advertising:
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers of all types to reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
About our team:
Sponsored Display (SD) is Amazon Advertising’s first self-service display advertising offering. It empowers any advertiser – regardless of budget size, advertising experience, or technical expertise – to set up display campaigns that show ads on key placements across Amazon websites and apps (Amazon.com, Twitch, IMDb), devices (Kindle, Fire Tablet, Fire TV, Echo), third party websites (e.g., nytimes.com) and mobile apps.
About the role:
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer (MLE) to contribute to the design of our Machine Learning infrastructure, and to build the technical foundations to facilitate science innovation and improve the team’s productivity. The successful candidate will work closely with Applied Scientists optimizing performance of machine learning models, designing, implementing, testing and supporting the release of scalable and low latency machine learning components into production.
If you join us, you will be owner of the solutions that you create. And these solutions will directly impact our customers and advertisers' experiences. This is a highly visible role across multiple organizations where you will have the opportunity to have a huge impact.
Key job responsibilities:
- Improve the infrastructure for scientists to prototype, train and research Machine Learning solutions
- Design and implement ETL jobs for feature generation and model training on very large data sets
- Develop and maintain end-to-end services supporting Machine Learning models in production
- Devise caching solutions that support features and models in prod
A day in the life:
- Hands-on design, development, implementation and maintenance of Machine Learning models and pipelines in production for batch and real-time use cases
- Enable fast model research, development and low-latency serving
- Work collaboratively with engineers, scientists, product managers, and leadership
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Santa Monica, CA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of building large-scale machine-learning infrastructure for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization or search experience
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.