Data Scientist, Analytics
Sep 15, 2023
US, CA, Virtual Location - California
If you are interested in this position, please apply on Twitch's Career site https://www.twitch.tv/jobs/en/
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch.
About the Role:
As a Data Scientist, Analytics member of the Data Platform - Insights team, you'll provide data analysis and support for platform, service, and operational engineering teams at Twitch, shaping the way success is measured. Defining what questions should be asked and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business. Additionally, you will help support the vision for business analytics, solutions architecture for data related business constructs, as well as tactical execution such as experiment analysis and campaign performance reporting. You are paving the way for high-quality, high-velocity decisions and will report to the Manager, Data Science.
For this role, we're looking for an experienced data staff who will oversee data instrumentation, dashboard/report building, metrics reviews, inform team investments, guidance on success/failure metrics and ad-hoc analysis. You will also work with technical and non-technical staff members throughout the company, and your effort will have an impact on hundreds of partners at Twitch
- Work with members of Platforms & Services to guide them towards better decision making from the available data.
- Promote data knowledge and insights through managing communications with partners and other teams, collaborate with colleagues to complete data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve.
- Maintain a customer-centric focus while being a domain and product expert through data, develop trust amongst peers, and ensure that the teams and programs have access to data to make decisions
- Manage ambiguous problems and adapt tools to answer complicated questions.
- Identify the trade-offs between speed and quality of different approaches.
- Create analytical frameworks to measure team success by partnering with teams to establish success metrics, create approaches to track the data and troubleshoot errors, measure and evaluate the data to develop a common language for all colleagues to understand these metrics.
- Operationalize data processes to provide partners with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
-Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Virtual Location - CA
- 3+ years of domain experience in a consumer internet business, or in a high-velocity, high-growth product or team
- Expert SQL skills and proficiency in Python/R
- Experience using data to create insight and drive business results
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, including time series analysis, experimentation, data visualization, and defining the KPI strategy for your business
- Excellent team player with the ability to maintain relationships
- Bachelor's Degree
- Passion about online communities, games, and Twitch
- Experience in Operational Excellence, defining metrics and analytics reporting
- Experience working with software development and operational event data
- Experience with machine learning methods such as logistic regression, decision trees, and neural networks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $111,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.