Innovation is at the core of what we do. We believe that by removing and reducing the barriers that prevent people from taking their medications, we can help customers conveniently get the medications
they need, when they need them and take them as prescribed.
We have provided customers with the ability to find transparent and simple pricing, receive 24/7 customer service support, and have their meds delivered to their doorsteps while creating programs and products that embody our mission and
position ourselves in becoming the world’s safest and fastest online pharmacy.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join us on our journey to make it drastically easier for customers
to find, choose, afford, and engage with the services, products, and professionals they need to get and
As a Data Engineer in Pharmacy team, you will partner with Software Engineers, Business Intelligence Engineers and product managers. In close collaboration with the Sr. Data Engineer on the team, you will design, implement, and maintain next generation BI solutions for large scale, highly secure and complex data structures to ensure the data is auditable, available and accessible. You will gain a deep understanding of our services and the data they produce, and become our resident expert in how to
transform that data into a format that is useful for analytics and business intelligence. You will
proactively help to identify new data for integration with our platform, and propose and implement new
technologies to help us better understand our data.
Key job responsibilities
Design, implement, maintain and support a secure and robust data lake in native AWS with 300+ datasets which contain both PII and PHI data.
• Implement ingestion routines both real time and batch using best practices in modeling, ETL/ELT processes by leveraging AWS technologies and big data tools.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Python and AWS big data technologies.
• Gather business and functional requirements and translate into secure, robust, scalable,
operable solutions with a flexible and adaptable architecture.
• Collaborate with engineers to help adopt best practices in system creation, integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
• Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying
self-service tools for customers.
• Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of data engineering experience
- Experience with data modeling, warehousing and building ETL pipelines
- 3+ years of analyzing and interpreting data with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc. experience
- Experience with big data technologies such as: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, EMR
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, AWS Glue, EMR, Kinesis, FireHose, Lambda, and IAM roles and permissions
- Experience with non-relational databases / data stores (object storage, document or key-value stores, graph databases, column-family databases)
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Experience working with secure medical data, pipeline, services and HIPAA compliant environment,.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $105,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $205,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.