Cloud Support Engineer I - Big Data, AWS
Nov 08, 2023
Mexico City, Mexico City, MEX
As a Cloud Support Engineer you will learn at an accelerated pace how to use and leverage many different cloud technologies to help our customers succeed. You will act as the Cloud Ambassador across AWS products, providing our customers with required tools and tactics to scale their impact in world-wide markets.
The Big Data role supports our services that leverage data and produce business insights, which may include using machine learning/artificial intelligence (ML/AI). Helping our customers use and integrate Big Data services in what is arguably our industry’s most exciting space. The portfolio of services covers EMR (Hadoop), DynamoDB (NoSQL), MangoDB, and Apache Cassandra.
Key job responsibilities
Your day as a Cloud Support Engineer will include, but not be limited to, the following activities.
• You will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through a variety of contact channels (telephone, email, and web/live chat), applying advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide tailored solutions and working with them to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
• You will drive initiatives that improve support-related processes and our customers’ experience. These can include tutorials, how-to videos, technical articles, trainings, among others.
• You will leverage your customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services, and work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
• You will be continuously learning groundbreaking technologies, and developing new technical skills and other professional competencies.
• You will act as interviewer in hiring processes, and coach/mentor new team members.
This role requires the flexibility to work 5 days a week (occasionally on weekends) on a rotational basis. Schedules may align to Sunday - Thursday, Tuesday – Saturday or Monday - Friday.
About the team
AWS Support Engineering is a customer-facing global organization that provides technical support to our customers as well as our internal teams. As a member our team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, operating on a follow-the-sun model. You will be assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have more than thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching over 90,000 employees across hundreds of chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work, it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded Amazonian and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Mexico City, DIF, MEX
- 1+ years of software development, or 1+ years of technical support experience
- Minimum of 1+ years of related professional experience and bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science/ Mathematics or any related field or equivalent military experience.
- Knowledge or experience with system administration, and troubleshooting any operating system (Linux and/or Windows) and networking (HTTP/s, TCP/IP, DNS, OSI model, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, CURL or related).
- Knowledge or experience with Hadoop ecosystems (Apache Spark, Apache Hive).
- Knowledge or experience in data lake architecture and administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (written and spoken) within technical and business settings.
- Knowledge or experience utilizing data analysis techniques such as quantitative or qualitative analysis.
- Knowledge or experience in various big data or distributed systems (NoSQL, search and streaming).
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts and/or experience with any cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Knowledge of security concepts/best practices in securing application architectures from external threats.