Business Intelligence Engineer, DSP BI
Sep 13, 2023
Bellevue, Washington, USA
Are you excited about uncovering actionable insight to improve delivery experience? Do you get excited about operating in an ambiguous and fast moving environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to define analytics roadmap, work with cross functional teams, and build decision-driven analytics solution for work that is critical to Amazon’s continued ability to deliver smiles in communities? The DSP Analytics Team has an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to make an impact on the Amazon’s Delivery Service Partner (DSP) program.
The goal of Amazon’s DSP organization is to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class delivery experience through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. Come join us and help us make history!
We are looking for an innovative, highly-motivated and experienced BIE who can think holistically through multidimensional problems to understand how systems work together to identify and execute both tactical and strategic projects which drive improvements to DSP programs. You will work closely with engineering teams, product managers, program managers, business coaches, business development manager and org leaders to deliver end-to-end data solutions aimed at continuously enhancing overall business health of DSP programs. In this role, you will dive deep into disparate datasets to improve our understanding of various components involved in Last Mile delivery, build decision-driven analytics that systematically track the overall quality of the DSP business and program health, improve tooling to reduce cognitive load for data consumers, and extract actionable insights to drive program, product, value added service (VAS) offering changes .
Key job responsibilities
- Build high quality data architecture and ETL data pipelines using SQL, Scripting and other ETL tools.
- Retrieve and analyze data using a broad set of Amazon’s data technologies (ex. Redshift, AWS S3, Amazon Internal Platforms/Solutions) and resources, knowing how, when, and which to use.
- Design, build, and maintain automated reporting, dashboards, and ongoing analysis to enable data driven decisions across our team and with partner teams.
- Report key insight trends using statistical rigor to simplify and inform the larger team of noteworthy trends that impact the business.
- Work closely with business stakeholders and leadership team to define the analytics roadmap and structure of our data solutions
- Earn the trust of your customers and stakeholders by continuing to constantly obsess over their business use cases and data needs, and helping them solve their problems by leveraging technology.
About the team
DSP Analytics team's vision is to build best-in-class analytics solutions to support our internal and external DSP stakeholders and partners for making data driven decisions org-wide. In our team, you will have the opportunity to dive deep into complex business and data problems, drive high-impact and large scale data solutions and raise the bar for engineering and operational excellence. We care about your career growth. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA
- 3+ years of analyzing and interpreting data with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc. experience
- Experience with data modeling, warehousing and building ETL pipelines
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience in Statistical Analysis packages such as R, SAS and Matlab
- Experience using SQL to pull data from a database or data warehouse and scripting experience (Python) to process data for modeling
- Experience with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift
- Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $79,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.