Amazon Robotics - UX Design Co-op - Spring 2024
Nov 19, 2023
Westborough, Massachusetts, USA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
Amazon Robotics internship/co-op/full-time opportunities will be based out of the Greater Boston Area in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough, MA and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The UX team seeks a UX Co-op who is passionate about applying user-centered methods to real world product development. Qualified candidates are passionate about implementing design thinking and user-centered methods as an integrated part of an interdisciplinary product team. A successful candidate is curious and driven, with a proclivity to show designs, diagrams, and visual representations of both problems and solutions as they work toward understanding both the problem and the solution.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborating with software and hardware development teams to develop user-centered design plans that meet business, user, and technical constraints and needs
- Prioritize key features to meet user needs
- Test and validate designs throughout the design process
- Contribute to the maintenance of a design system
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Westborough, MA, USA
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s/ Master’s/Doctorate in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Design, or other equivalent discipline at an accredited US higher-education institution with a graduation date of August 2024 or later
- Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) 6 month internship between January to June 2024
- Experience with Figma
- Experience with hardware or industrial design
- Experience with robotics or automation industry
- Ability to present design solutions to stakeholders in design, product management, and engineering
- Ability to make and keep a design plan
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
- Able to use best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design
- Knowledge of usability principles and techniques
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.