Amazon Robotics - Product Quality Engineer Co-op Spring 2024
Nov 10, 2023
Seattle, WA, USA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon Robotics empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
Amazon Robotics internship opportunities will be based out of the Greater Boston Area in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough, MA and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The Advanced Product Quality Engineering (APQE) organization is seeking a talented and motivated Product Quality Engineer Co-op with a desire to work with a portfolio of ground-breaking advanced technologies and interface with complex and state-of-the-art manufacturing environments. You will be responsible for working with cross functional technical teams to solve problems and deploy product improvements. You will actively work with hardware, production, and external vendors to achieve the highest quality products at the lowest cost. This is an exciting opportunity to join a talented team, work on leading edge robotic and advanced technology solutions, and drive improvements and effectiveness of operations while building your career for future opportunities.
Key job responsibilities
The Product Quality Engineer Intern will be responsible for:
* Partner with stakeholders in requirements development for new product development.
* Identify continuous improvement opportunities and drive team continuous improvement initiatives.
* Quality defect evaluation and internal escalation/coordination.
* Assist in failure analysis.
* Assist in internal quality investigations and CAPAs.
* Supplier development and communication to reduce defects.
* Work with field quality and maintenance engineering to triage issues.
* Present findings to leadership and at QBRs.
* Assist in data collection and visualization.
A day in the life
If you are not sure that every qualification on the list above describes you exactly, we'd still love to hear from you! At Amazon, we value people with unique backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. If you’re passionate about this role and want to make an impact on a global scale, please apply!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
- Currently pursuing a MS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Currently enrolled in College/University and must have at least one semester/term/quarter of school left to complete after the end of the co-op
- Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week) 6-month co-op between Jan - June 2024
- 2+ years of hardware design and validation of components, subsystems and systems experience
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience with hardware/software integration and real-time systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $37.16/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $103.65/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.