Research Scientist - Machine Learning
Nov 19, 2023
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Alice&Bob is developing the first universal, fault-tolerant quantum computer to solve the world’s hardest problems. The quantum computer we envision building is based on a new kind of superconducting qubit: the Schrödinger cat qubit. In comparison to other superconducting platforms, cat qubits have the astonishing ability to implement quantum error correction autonomously!
We are at the forefront of the quantum race, competing with tech giants such as Google or IBM. We are growing fast, securing 30 million USD of funding in 2022 to develop our unique technology. We are 80 and counting, between physicists, PhDs, engineers and experienced business professionals, all united in reaching our ambitious goal. If you are an explorer, craving to challenge yourself and make quantum computing come true, come and join us!
**As a Research Scientist - Machine Learning, your role will be to implement the use of machine learning techniques into the Alice&Bob R&D pipelines. You will work in close collaboration with all of the engineers and physicists teams in order to incorporate relevant methods from the fields of AI into our software ecosystem.
Some of your work will include the reproduction of state-of-the-art machine learning methods (e.g, applied to the reconstruction of quantum states from partial experimental information or to the implementation of quantum error correcting codes decoding algorithms) as well as the identification of new possible areas of application of these techniques (e.g, applied to circuit design, experimental data analysis, optimal control of experiments, etc.).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Implement & develop state-of-the-art Machine Learning methods into the Alice&bob software ecosystem,
- Identify and propose new applications of Machine Learning methods for our R&D teams,
- Build in-house expertise around Quantum Machine Learning use cases in collaboration with the Algorithms & Applications team.
- PhD in Machine Learning or related field
- Experience publishing academic papers as a lead author
- Experience participating in top conferences in Machine Learning
- Expertise in Machine Learning methods
- Solid mathematics & physics background, to interact with the experimental & theoretical research teams
- Ability to elaborate product & technical roadmaps in collaboration with the product team
- Excellent communication skills
Joining Alice & Bob, you can expect the following:
- 25-day vacation policy (as per French law) + RTT
- Half of transportation cost coverage (as per French law), or yearly allowance for the die-hard bicycle users
- Competitive health benefits with Alan
- Meal vouchers with Swile, as well as access to a fully equipped kitchen
- Parental benefits with crèche support
- Contribution to sports, artistic & cultural activities
- Flexible remote policy, up to 25 % a month.
You will join of one of the most innovative startups in France at an early stage, to be part of a passionate and friendly team on its mission to build the first universal quantum computer!
We love to share and learn from one another, so you will be certain to innovate, develop new ideas, and have the space to grow.