· Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of applicable experience
· Experience: Overall 5+ years of applicable experience in Bigdata/Data lake/data bricks ecosystem.
· 4+ years of experience in Python, PySpark, SparkSQL, RDBMS and SQL
· 3+ years of experience with AWS data services (S3, Athena, RDS, Glue, Lambda etc)
· Language: The ability to fluently read, write, understand and communicate in English
Specific to Job Posting:
5+ years experience in data engineering which includes data ingestion, preparation, curation, provisioning, automated testing, and quality checks.
4+ years of experience in Python, PySpark, SparkSQL, RDBMS and SQL
3+ years of experience with AWS data services (S3, Athena, RDS, Glue, Lambda etc)
Experience with data modeling, data analysis and providing insights using various tools.
Experience in working as part of agile teams and using agile and collaboration tools like Jira, Confluence.
Ability to work with the business to capture, groom, prioritize, plan and demo User Stories
Strong collaboration skills for effective communication across multiple teams and stakeholders, both internal and external
Data savvy individual with hands on experience in preparing, analyzing and deriving insights from data
High learning agility
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or any other reason.