This position is part of the Business Application and Data team and will play a critical role in defining and executing the Company’s Data Strategy, and the development of a data architecture that aligns with business goals and technological capabilities for current and future organizational needs. The overall scope of the responsibility includes complying with industry best practices in data governance, collaborating with cross-functional teams in the development of solutions to support data-driven decisions by leveraging machine learning with Big Data and the most cutting-edge AI technologies.
The successful candidate will possess strong database and application skills from on-premises to Cloud with concepts of data as a product and software as a service. The role will be expected to self-direct and independently seek, gather, analyze, and digest the most cutting-edge data architecture.
The role will be based in our Dallas, Texas Corporate Office.
Aethon Energy is a leading private investment firm focused on acquiring, operating, and developing onshore energy assets across North America. Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Dallas, TX, AEM has a 30-plus year track record of generating attractive returns for its fund investors over multiple commodity price cycles. Aethon employs more than 300 employees across its businesses, which drives large-scale upstream development with vertically integrated midstream assets and disciplined risk management to provide capital efficient growth. We are looking for talented and motivated people to join us on our mission of creating exceptional value through sustainable energy solutions that make the world better.
- Play critical role in the development of Company’s Data Strategy to provide consistent and reliable access to key data that aligns with business goals and objectives; enforce data governance policies, procedures, and standards to maintain data quality and integrity across departments and business applications.
- Design, document and implement enterprise data architecture solutions including databases, Data Warehouses (or Data Lakes, Data Lakehouse), and deliver data as a product.
- Design and build data models by business domains; implement logical and physical models to ensure efficient data storage and access with best performance and scalability. Develop and enforce development standards.
- Participate in the design and development of a Master Data Management solution to provide the business with readily available trusted data.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand data requirements. Work closely with business analysts and other cross-functional teams to provide scalable data solutions to meet business user requirements.
- Design data platform or micro-services based portal for different data access and potentially integrate with company governed AI tools.
- Design and develop ETL or Data Pipeline to migrate on-premise data including structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data to Snowflake or Cloud (Azure).
- Evaluate appropriate data storage solutions including databases (SQL and NoSQL) and cloud storage based on performance, scalability, and cost considerations.
- mplement and oversee data security measures to protect sensitive data, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum of 15 years Data Architect related experience required with Microsoft .NET, C#, Java, SQL Server, Oracle, Snowflake, and NoSql in on-prem and cloud(AWS, Azure) environments.
- Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices hands-on experience building scalable services.
- Data governance of on-prem and cloud databases with decentralized data lake or data warehouse on cloud.
- Expert in data migration from OLTP (SQL, NoSQL, structured, semi-structured, unstructured, S3 buckets) to cloud Data Warehouse/Data Lake on AWS and Snowflake with ETL, ELT, and data pipelines.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (i.e. Power BI).
- Strong knowledge of data management principles with data governance. Familiarity with Master Data Management solutions.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Full stack application development or Solution Architect experience is a plus.
- Working experience or domain knowledge of upstream and/or midstream oil and gas industry is a plus.
• Premiums for health, dental, and vision insurance for employee and children are 100% paid for by Aethon and premiums for spouse are 75% covered.
• 401k match 100% up to 7% of annual base salary
• Health Advocate to assist navigating your medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Company provided:
• Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
• Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Flexible telecommuting schedule (currently WFH on Monday and Friday)
• Paid vacation time
• 10 paid holidays annually
• Casual dress code
• Unlimited access to workout facilities within the building
• Wellness program with earned incentives for completed activities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Employees must be willing and able to perform other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to acknowledge every applicant.
Aethon does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request, Aethon reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.