This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
Our teams connect Veterans with services designed for their needs, help millions of people access affordable health care, and support important programs like Head Start. As we work with agencies to deliver critical services, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team. Being remote allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
Committed to high expectations and a welcoming culture
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time.. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
The Federal Civilian business unit supports a wide range of customers that span the federal, commercial, and nonprofit space. Our customers include the General Services Administration, Office of Personnel Management, PAN Foundation, Library of Congress, Social Security Administration, Health and Human Services, and the USDA Forest Service. We partner with these agencies to build new capabilities, deliver products, establish data as a strategic asset for informed decision-making, modernize legacy systems, and build the digital service infrastructure necessary to scale their mission impact.
In this role, you will serve as an experienced subject matter expert, while serving as an individual contributor that provides strategic mentorship among the data analytics discipline. A Senior Principal Data Analyst exhibits full autonomy, with the ability to utilize influential skills to shape future work streams within the current customer base, while maintaining a strategic vision to successfully pursue new business opportunities. With limited oversight from leadership, you will serve as the champion of the data analytics discipline, overseeing the integration of industry data/analytics trends and adoption within programs, as well as the business unit. A Senior Principal Data Analyst serves as a representative of the business unit, effectively communicating analytics strategies to a diverse audience. Primary expectations of a Senior Principal Data Analyst include:
- Serves as an expert in data visualization and reporting; providing organizational oversight of best practices
- Exhibits a in-depth understanding of data analytics and utilizes their expertise to support the business unit via new business or organic growth opportunities
- Demonstrates significant technical competence and ownership to broad audiences while driving progress on company strategic objectives within the company
- Mentors, guides, and coaches other Data Analysts at the company, with a focus on technical excellence and leadership
- Identifies and designs solutions to enable teams to scale quickly and reliably
- Proactively identifies and leads investigations across multiple programs within the company, leading on scope and plan
- Effectively communicates on existing systems, design decisions, past performance, and a major history of the projects that they’ve been part of for bid-writing, tech demos, and other potentially client-facing communications
- Champions collaboration with teams across the company to identify data needs and delivers solutions to advance medium and long-term technology goals
- May support hiring, onboarding and career development activities
- May represent the company publicly inclusive of writing blog posts, generating marketing materials, presenting at conferences, and taking part in panel discussions
- Works cross-functionally to support data analytics activities within other business units
- Understanding of the business unit’s current labor mix, with the ability to identify primary skills and experiences; supports the key personnel identification process
- Extensive understanding of government and practice market conditions in order to drive organizational improvements and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of analytics experience
- Active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with R programming, Python, Spark, or Presto/Trino
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with columnar-oriented formats such as Avro or Parquet
- Experience with Databricks or Microsoft Azure Data Lake
- Extensive experience with large systems, leading large teams, and understanding interactions between people, systems, and processes
- In addition to expectations for Principal Data Analyst, familiarity of new industry trends in analytics methodologies, tools, and concepts
- Data Analytic Training Curriculum Development, Deliver, and Evaluation
- Agile Project Management
- Data Analysis
- Data Engineering
- Data Science
- Decision Analysis and Support
- Microsoft Azure or AWS cloud environments
- Python, Spark, and/or Presto/Trino
- Experience with Columnar-Oriented Formats (e.g., Avro, Parquet) in cloud storage
To learn more about working at Ad Hoc, please visit: https://adhocteam.us/join/
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- and much more!
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility . The range of starting pay for this role is $120,000 - $150,000 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Job Reference 2131