Data Engineer III - Weather Technology
Sep 12, 2023
Remote or State College, PA
To support AccuWeather’s continued focus on innovation and generating superior weather products, we are seeking a skilled and experienced Data Engineer III to join our talented data engineering team. If you are passionate about transforming raw data into actionable insights and enjoy working with the latest tools in the data engineering space, we'd love to hear from you.
As a Data Engineer III, you will play a critical role in designing, building, and maintaining our data infrastructure, enabling efficient data processing, analysis, and reporting. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, analysts, and software engineers, to ensure the availability, reliability, and performance of our data pipelines and platforms. Your expertise in Databricks will be essential in optimizing data workflows, ensuring data quality, and contributing to the continuous improvement of our data engineering practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and robust data pipelines using Databricks, Spark, and related technologies.
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to understand data requirements, and implement solutions that support their analytical needs.
- Optimize and fine-tune data workflows for performance, reliability, and efficiency.
- Implement best practices for data modeling, ETL processes, and data integration.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to data pipelines and platform performance.
- Work with other Data Engineers to provide guidance, support, and mentorship.
- Collaborate with Data Ops team members to ensure smooth deployment and operation of data engineering solutions.
- Stay current with industry trends and advancements in data engineering, Databricks, and related technologies.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of data engineering standards, practices, and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer, with a strong focus on Databricks, Spark, and cloud-based data platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Expertise in designing, developing, and optimizing complex ETL processes and data pipelines.
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python, Scala, or Java.
- Solid understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, and data integration concepts.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools for CI/CD and infrastructure automation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with big data technologies, real-time data processing, and machine learning pipelines is a plus.
- Relevant certifications in Databricks, Spark, or cloud platforms are a strong advantage.
WHY JOIN US:
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative environment at the forefront of data-driven decision-making.
- Chance to make a significant impact by contributing to the development of advanced data engineering solutions.
- Collaborative and inclusive company culture that values continuous learning and professional growth.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Access to cutting-edge technologies and opportunities to stay current with industry trends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Minimal travel (10%) is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work is usually quiet.