This is a hybrid role with the onsite location from our headquarters in Campbell, CA - candidates must be local and willing to come into the office 4 days a week.
Acceldata is the market leader in Enterprise Data Observability. Founded in 2018, Silicon Valley-based Acceldata has developed the world's first Enterprise Data Observability Platform to help build and operate great data products.
Enterprise Data Observability is at the intersection of today’s hottest and most crucial technologies such as AI, LLMs, Analytics, and DataOps. Acceldata provides mission-critical capabilities that deliver highly trusted and reliable data to power enterprise data products.
Delivered as a SaaS product, Acceldata's solutions have been embraced by global customers, such as HPE, HSBC, Visa, Freddie Mac, Manulife, Workday, Zoominfo, GSK, Oracle, PubMatic, PhonePe (Walmart), Hersheys, Dun & Bradstreet, and many more. Acceldata is a Series-C funded company and its investors include Insight Partners, March Capital, Lightspeed, Sorenson Ventures, Industry Ventures, and Emergent Ventures.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst at Acceldata, you will be crucial in driving data-driven decision-making across various departments within the organization. You will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems. You will be responsible for utilizing your quantitative skills, scripting, and storytelling through numbers to drive Acceldata on three types of work – Analytics Innovation, Business Intelligence, and Data Management. You will be expected to excel in communication, system fluency, and project management.
- Business Intelligence: Collaborate with departmental heads and their teams to offer consultancy and transform business requirements into reports, metrics, dashboards, tools, and methodologies that will enable fact-based decision-making processes.
- BI infrastructure: Build well-managed BI solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Develop and maintain scripts using SQL, R and Python to extract, clean, and transform data.
- Demonstrate a strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data).
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives.
- Perform data analysis to identify trends, patterns, and anomalies within datasets.
- Utilize different BI tools to create interactive and informative data visualizations and dashboards.
- Collaborate with various customer facing functions (Sales, Marketing, Sales Engineering, CS) and Finance to translate their data needs and objectives into reports and dashboards for meaningful insights and recommendations.
- Perform ongoing and ad-hoc analyses for data-driven decision-making across various functions, oversee critical project initiatives, including issue identification, hypothesis formulation, end-to-end analytics project management, data-driven storytelling, and root cause analysis.
- Design, implement, and analyze AB tests to optimize marketing and sales strategies. Report on test results and recommend adjustments based on findings. Effectively communicate complex findings and insights to non-technical stakeholders with strong recommendations to improve processes and outcomes.
- Build and maintain interactive and automated dashboards using tools like Google Sheets or Excel to monitor key performance metrics and ensure data accuracy and real-time updates.
What makes you the right fit for this position?
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or Statistics
- 4 - 7 years of experience as a BI Analyst in a B2B or B2C startup
- Must have startup experience
- At least 4 years of scripting experience in coding (Python, R, Spark, or SQL)
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to think critically and solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to tell a compelling data story
- Project management skills and the ability to work independently and in a team
- Proficiency in data integration
- Familiarity with AB testing methodologies and statistical analysis
- Experience in creating and maintaining dashboards in Google Sheets or Excel
- Goes beyond immediate requests to recognize patterns
The hiring pay range provides a guide for what we would reasonably pay for the position. Pay is determined by various factors including market demand, applicable skills, work experience and education, location, company budget, and in-demand skill sets.
$140,000 - $160,000 USD
Acceldata is an equal-opportunity employer
At Acceldata, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of job history, disability, gender identity, religion, race, color, caste, marital/parental status, veteran status, or any other special status. We stand against the discrimination of employees and individuals and are proud to be an equitable workplace that welcomes individuals from all walks of life if they fit the designated roles and responsibilities.
Life @ Acceldata
#LifeAtAcceldata is all about working with some of the best minds in the industry and experiencing a culture that values an ‘out-of-the-box’ mindset. If you want to push boundaries, learn continuously, and grow to be the best version of yourself, Acceldata is the place to be!
We also believe in providing our employees with the right tools and resources to help them excel at their jobs. We offer:
- Flexible PTO Plan
- Up to 100% employer-paid benefits for health, dental, and vision coverage
- Discounts and offerings through major vendors through our PEO
What should you know about joining Acceldata?
At Acceldata, each job and role serves a purpose toward our business goals. You’ll have opportunities to make an immediate impact on mission-critical projects as you work with highly capable and ambitious peer groups.
Join Acceldata and help us achieve our data goals. Learn more about our solutions and products here: Acceldata Product Overview & Demo