Acast is the world’s largest independent podcast company. Founded in 2014, we have pioneered the open podcast ecosystem ever since – making podcasts available on any listening platform. Our role is simple: we provide a marketplace to help podcasters find the right audience to monetize their content. We believe in the power of a world connected through storytelling and want to empower anyone, anywhere to connect through and benefit from podcasting. Today, we host 92,000 podcasts, with more than 430 million listens every month. We operate worldwide and are headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
About the role
As a Staff Engineer at Acast, you will be at the forefront of our technical evolution and strategy. You will lead the design and development of complex systems and set the technical direction for your product team. You will also collaborate with a Staff Engineer team to make sure we understand the bigger picture and address tech opportunities and challenges from a holistic perspective and drive organization wide technical initiatives. We are looking for someone who not only possesses deep technical expertise but also excels in leadership, mentorship, and creating a collaborative and growth-oriented environment. Having a culture of openness and innovation with a high degree of psychological safety is very important for us.
With a deep understanding of tech and the data domain you will help build a long term technical strategy that is in line and supports the company’s business strategy. You will have an active part in your product team, the product development leadership team, the staff engineer team and engineering guild. Coordinating tech initiatives across multiple teams is an important part of the role.
Who you are
• You have experience in building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures and data sets. You have experience in Python and Java or Scala
• You have worked with workflow management tools such as Airflow
• You have pragmatic mindset and can reason around trade-offs on what to optimize for in your solutions
• You have product analytics skills and experience in data modelling and you are used to cross-team collaboration
• It would be also great if you have experience in AWS cloud environment: Glue, Athena, Redshift
• You have the ability to understand the bigger picture and will help organizations to become more data driven
• You enjoy mentoring and guiding engineers and creating an inclusive and collaborative environment
• You are curious and want to understand the business perspective and work cross functionally with other tech teams and stakeholders outside of tech. You want to work as the link between business and tech to make sure they're aligned.
Where you’ll be
• Most of our teams are hybrids with some members co-located in offices and some working fully remote. With a remote-first way of working we want you to feel productive regardless of work location!
• Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the UK or Sweden
• Working hours? We want to avoid teams distributed over time zones, so this team will operate within the CET time zone for collaboration. This setup allows us for more flexibility and work-life balance.
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!