Lead Data Architect (P985)
Sep 01, 2023
Cincinnati, OH; Chicago, IL; Deerfield, IL; Portland, OR; United States - Remote
84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
As a member of our engineering team, you will use various cutting-edge technologies to develop applications that turn our data into actionable insights used to personalize the customer experience for shoppers at Kroger. We also work with Kroger's supply chain related data assets including but not limited to: Orders and Shipments, Inventory, Planogram and Pricing information to help Kroger, CPG and broker clients make tactical and strategic business decisions. We use Agile development methodology bringing everyone into the planning process to build scalable enterprise applications and solutions.
What you’ll do
- Work within a team that owns the Semantic Layer of a large commercial reporting application.
- Create and maintain complex retail customer loyalty measures and commercial data security rules.
- Use strong business analysis skills to translate commercial requirements into technical requirements.
- Use strong Data Warehouse and BI Tool background and understanding of every layer of the technical stack in order to convert requirements into platform wide implementation solutions.
- Work with the team to implement the semantic layer portion of those solutions using a BI Tool framework.
- Develop custom engineering tools to assist with the implementation, automation, and testing of the solution to reduce time to market for new Insights capabilities
- Participate in design and development of highly visible data solutions
- Support Commercial Facing data pipelines
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Collaborate with architecture and lead engineers to ensure consistent development practices
- Provide mentoring to junior engineers
- Participate in retrospective reviews
- Participate in the estimation process for new work and releases
- Collaborate with other engineers to solve and bring new perspectives to complex problems
- Drive improvements in people, practices, and procedures
- Embrace new technologies and an ever-changing environmen
- 5+ years proven ability of professional Data Development experience
- Experience with a Business Intelligence Reporting Tool
- Full understanding of ETL concepts and Data Warehousing concepts
- Proficient with Relational Data Modeling
- Thorough understanding of CI/CD concepts and best practices
- Comprehensive Understanding of ANSI SQL
- Foundational Understanding of Cloud Processing Concepts
- Foundational Understanding of Agile Principles
- Exposure to Retail Business Intelligence
- Exposure to interacting with and enhancing Cloud based services
- Passion for Problem Solving
- Passion for creating supportable technical solutions
- Experience communicating to and with functional colleagues
- Python FAST API framework
- Power BI
- Microsoft Azure