Elsa · Anywhere · June 2, 2019
💰 $75,000 - $100,000 / yr
We are looking for a Senior Speech Scientist with sound expertise in acoustic modeling to join our team at ELSA and help us in our mission to help every language learner speak a foreign language fluently and confidently.
As a Senior Speech Scientist at ELSA you will be responsible for the evolution of the speech technology powering our language assessment services. Your efforts will translate directly to new voice-enabled features and better assessment quality for hundreds of thousands of language learners that use ELSA app. In addition, you will work directly with the CTO to define and drive the scientific roadmap of the company.
Join our world-class team and be one of the personalities that make the ELSA culture awesome.
- PhD in speech technology or very related area
- 10+ years (post-PhD) of experience in speech research or building speech-related products
- Expert in acoustic modeling or some area closely related to core ASR
- Leadership experience leading junior researchers and students
- Experience bringing products to market
- Knowledge of Kaldi-ASR at API level
- Experience in CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning) technology
- Good programming skills in Python, C++ and shell ‘hacking’
- Experience training multilingual ASR systems and working with languages other than English
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working location
- Competitive salary and stock options according to seniority
- Flexible working hours
- Ample room to grow professionally
- Experience the true startup spirit of a fast growing and well funded Silicon Valley startup
- Opportunity to work on a mission that can transform the lives of 1.5 Billion language learners around the World