Phiar Technologies · Remote, USA · May 14, 2019
💰 $120,000 - $180,000 / yr
Sr. Machine Learning & Computer Vision Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Employer: Phiar Technologies, Inc.
Location: Redwood City, CA; remote negotiable
Who We Are
We are developing the world’s first AI-powered AR navigation platform for drivers, using our ultra-efficient deep learning road-understanding AI. We are a group of dedicated professionals formed out of Harvard and the Harvard Innovation Labs in 2017, bringing expertise in deep learning, computer vision, software optimization, and UX design. We are backed by multiple tier-1 mega VCs and Y Combinator (TechCrunch feature: https://tcrn.ch/2TQHATu). Now is the perfect time to join our core team and revolutionize how billions of people perceive and navigate the world!
Who You Are
We are seeking a talented machine learning and computer vision engineer as a key hire to our young team. The candidate should have experience with classical and deep learning computer vision techniques in object recognition, semantic segmentation, or 3D geometry. Knowledge and experience in statistical machine learning and optimization is a plus. The ideal candidate should also be a versatile software hacker who is an excellent problem solver, and is able to deliver on schedule.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or other related field, with a focus in Computer Vision
- Familiar with OpenCV, and able to write clean code in Python and/or C/C++ with it
- Working knowledge in one of the popular deep learning frameworks (i.e. Torch, PyTorch, Keras, Caffe/Caffe2, Tensorflow)
Proficient in two of the following topics
- Object detection and localization
- Object tracking
- Semantic segmentation and image segmentation
- SVM, random forests, ensemble models, clustering, boosting, and other non-deep learning ML methods
- Sampling methods, optimization, graphical models, and statistical machine learning
- Published in peer-reviewed papers in the following top-tier venues: CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICLR, NIPS, PAMI
- Experience working with CUDA, OpenGL, and/or OpenCL
Phiar is a leading AI and AR company with industry leading on-device mobile deep learning AI technologies. We offer competitive salaries, company stock options, company sponsored medical/dental/vision/chiro/life benefits, commuter benefits, unlimited PTO, and we sponsor H1-B visas. We are a group of passionate and fun loving people. Join us to build something amazing and let’s change the world together!