Senior Principal Consultant, Data Architecture
Sep 14, 2023
London, United Kingdom
Our Data Team is made up of c50 people, covering data engineering, data science, and data architecture specialisms. The team works with a range of public and private sector clients, building production grade cloud solutions focussed on streaming, graph, big data, and data science use cases.
Due to the nature of the client engagements, every employee needs to be able to achieve Security Clearance. This means that you need to have the right to take up employment within the UK, do not have or require any visa to work, and have been resident in the UK for at least 5 years without any gap(s) totalling more than 6 months.
As an employer we believe in facilitating a flexible work pattern whilst taking into consideration operational requirements, client and individual needs. We are proud of our hybrid work pattern that typically sees employees in the office for a minimum of 2 days per week.
You should be able to easily commute to our London or Manchester offices. For some roles/projects, travel to the clients offices will be required and the frequency is often determined by the client.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are integral to the success of 6point6. We welcome applicants with different perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds, and are proud to have an organisational culture where employees can bring their authentic selves to work.
Key responsibilities of the role are summarised below:
- Define the architecture for high profile, public facing, government, and private sector projects, including providing architectural and technical leadership
- Define data strategy, data migration approach, data integration approach, data models and data design for any given client
- Investigate and thoroughly understand the current live applications and systems at any given client site
- Ensure that the scope, context and constraints are documented and accepted
- Define and document strategies, standards and guidelines to direct the build and deployment of systems
- Ensure that agreed upon architectural principles and standards are applied to the finished system or product
- Define a strategic Data Model across the enterprise and products
- Propose technical solutions for storing data in distributed systems
- Create a model that works for small micro-services as well as big-data storage solutions in line with national infrastructure standards and frameworks
- Govern and support technical delivery of those solutions
- Line manage, mentor, train and develop others
You will have a strong architecture and software engineering background, have led teams of engineers or other architects and be able to contribute to the 6point6 internal data strategy, thought leadership and sales and marketing efforts.
In addition you will have:
- Experience with defining data strategy, data migration approach, data integration approach
- Experience being a hands on data architect (only when needed with programme languages Java, Scala and Python)
- Experience with Big Data technologies
- Experience with AWS and services
- Experience with both open source and vendor data platforms.
- Experience with data architecture, architectural concepts, methodologies and approaches.
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience of designing for both structured and unstructured data
- An understanding of non-functional drivers for design
- Experience with data modelling
- Strong background in Java and REST Services - ability to design solutions as well as review code
As a technology consultancy, we look for people who can deliver both exceptional technical solutions and work as true partners to the organisations we support. To do this you must be able to:
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing, demonstrated through:
- Effectively explain complex technical solutions to a non-technical audience
- Writing meaningfully to deliver clear information, and guidance
- Giving impactful presentations, articulating clearly key points
Demonstrate critical thinking by:
- Analysing and evaluating information
- Using information gathered to present solutions and reach decisions
- Displaying familiarity and comfort with a breadth of technologies (appropriate to the level of the role) and an appreciation of how they can be combined and applied to solve customer problems
Work in partnership with others to:
- Effectively manage both internal and external stakeholders to ensure synergy
- Collaborate meaningfully with all parties to ensure outcomes are reached effectively
Whilst having experience in a consultancy is beneficial, demonstrable experience in working with clients/external partners in other settings will always be considered.
During your career with us, we actively encourage and support employees to continually upskill and develop their skills and knowledge.
Founded in 2012, 6point6 drives the right change in every organisation through the positive impact of technology. Leading with strategy, architecture, and design, we connect cloud, data, and cyber to engineer and deliver large-scale, complex transformations across public and private sectors.
We help organisations realise the value of their business strategy, allowing them to engage in a more meaningful way with their end customers. Our clients work with us because they know for us it’s never just about the project at hand. It’s about creating lasting partnerships built on trust and enabling their long-term success.
We are a growing privately owned company, with offices in central London and Manchester.
6point6 strives to create and maintain a work environment in which people are treated with dignity, decency and respect. We champion diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. A number of employee-led groups work with us to create a unique, fun and fulfilling environment that contributes positively to our culture and our corporate social responsibility commitments.
We are fully committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people and operate a zero tolerance culture towards any discrimination.
Irrespective of your needs, and no matter how small, please let the Recruitment Team know if there are any ways that we can support you during the hiring process.
Benefits at 6point6
From health and wellness to lifestyle and finances, we have your best interests at heart.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes all the standard offerings you’d expect like company bonus plan, pension, private medical, life assurance and income protection. Employee wellbeing is also of the utmost importance to us and we have many benefits supporting wellbeing such as an employee assistance programme, life coaching, a workplace nursery scheme, an electric car scheme and a cycle to work scheme with bike storage.
Our people shape our culture and our values are embedded into everything we do.
HUMAN: We celebrate our differences and bring our authentic selves to work. We are one, inclusive, team.
DEDICATED: We are dedicated to each other, our clients and to our profession. We care.
HONEST: We embrace transparency, act with integrity and encourage everyone to speak openly.
BRAVE: We empower each other to make bold decisions, to take ownership and to challenge with respect.
We are a disability confident committed employer.
If you have access requirements and would like to discuss with us, please contact us: [email protected]