Data Scientist · Remote, USA · Feb. 24, 2019
💰 $100,000 - $145,000 / yr
Postie.com is seeking a creative thinking, dynamic and visionary data scientist to help Postie, Inc. lead data science research and implementation as we disrupt the logistics, prediction and measurement of a $30 billion industry.
Why This Role Is Important:
Postie is leading innovation within the established and massive offline media world. As a data scientist at Postie, you will have an immediate impact on the future growth of the company, products we create and disruption of a giant market. You will utilize our current infrastructure as well as grow the architecture that will power industry-defining data products and make insights accessible to highly sophisticated marketing professionals. These clients represent some of the most recognizable brands in the world as well as highly disruptive direct-to-consumer brands you know and love.
Postie’s DNA is data first. We hold ourselves accountable for delivering industry leading technology to make data accessible and its output effective and valuable. We must continue to act as thought leaders in the space and look to our core data team to lead the charge. We believe our core product is the output of the machine learning and algorithmic processing and you will help bring this to reality.
What You'll Learn, Teach Us, and Implement:
- How to write great python code and SQL statements. Scala is the backend/data language of choice at Postie and much of our data is stored in relational data stores. Not every solution has to be (nor should be!) implemented in python but much of the work will be.
- Using Amazon Web Services (AWS) products for operational machine learning on large data sets
- How to build, scale and maintain ETL pipelines for automation, reproducibility and robustness
- Research, present and productize novel solutions in the direct mail domain
Sample Projects that we would like help with:
- Feature analysis of new data sources and transfer learning algorithms to mesh them into current scoring systems
- How to take large consumer datasets and predict purchase intent
- Operational research problems for mail price optimization
Who we are:
Postie’s software solution allow marketers to manage and scale effective offline marketing initiatives through data science, automation and measurement tools. These tools enable quant marketers to dynamically optimize customer acquisition, CRM & retargeting efforts. We work with top brands and technology companies who believe that in a world saturated with digital ads there is out-sized value in delivering a physical, tangible experience to customers.
What we are offering:
- Remote (US Only) technical team.
- Zero bureaucracy
- The opportunity to learn from and collaborate with super smart people in an environment that values intellectual engagement
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Flexible PTO policy
- Did we mention remote work?
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you're particularly proud of - we love seeing work that you loved to do!