Are you looking for a role that motivates and challenges you? Are you ready for an opportunity for growth? Do you want to work on teams where people roll up their sleeves to take on tough problems together, and regularly blow the doors off our clients with their outstanding teamwork? If you answered yes to those questions, 3Cloud might just be for you!
At 3Cloud, we hire people who aren’t afraid to experiment or fail. We hire people who are willing to give direct and candid feedback to their managers, leaders, and team members. We hire people who jump at those opportunities because they care about our collective growth and success. We hire people who challenge and hold each other accountable for living 3Cloud’s core values because they know that it will result in amazing experiences and solutions for our clients and each other.
Managed Services Data Engineer
3Cloud is a technology consulting and managed services firm helping clients transform their businesses and manage their operations through the power of the cloud. We leverage Microsoft Azure to help our clients speed up innovation, operate more efficiently, and be more responsive to their customers’ needs. As a Microsoft partner, we specialize in managed services, migration, cloud-scale custom application development, analytics, and DevOps – all on the Azure platform.
This Data Engineer position is a member of 3Cloud’s Managed Services team. He or she is responsible for ongoing development, support, escalations and proactive maintenance for our client’s Azure Data Platform solution through the Managed Services teams processes, procedures and tools. As a Data Engineer, you will be a critical part of our core team that is an essential to the success of our Managed Services division.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support of client’s Power Platform Environment, including response to any escalations while helping to analyze and resolve incidents for customers environment
- Consult, develop, and advise on Power BI, Power Automate, and Power Apps, including governance, strategy, report development, performance
- Consistently learn, apply, and refine skills around data engineering and data analytics
- Design and deploy data pipelines, models, and AI-driven solutions for clients in various industries
- Understand and work with customer on licensing involving Microsoft data solutions, and understand the limits/advantages of each licensing platform
- Preparing Data Analytic solutions for customers including importing data from multiple sources, performant star schema data models to be ingested via Power BI, and report and dashboard development.
- Communicate ticket status information to all associated parties and escalate cases as appropriate
- Interact with clients to identify issues, troubleshoot expediently, and follow up on issues via e-mail, ticketing system, and phone calls. Communicate technical issues and solutions with clients in business terms
- Configure, administer, tune and develop client’s data environment based on contracted services
- Create and maintain updated documentation for each client’s environment
- Promote best practices for clients and internally to enhance and improve organizational processes
- Participate in recurring discussions with clients to review current issues and to propose possible solutions
- Collaborate with team members and client stakeholders to ensure our solutions align to our client’s needs
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent certification
Experience working in a support role and understanding standard support processes (i.e. ITIL)
1 – 3 years working with data and business intelligence solutions on the Microsoft tool stack for Business Intelligence (Power BI, ADF, SQL DW, Synapse, Databricks, Power Automate, etc.), or other vendor Business Intelligence tools (Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Qlik, SAP)
Strong verbal and written communication skills
A passion for problem solving and learning new technologies
Client relationship skills and experience managing vendors
Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
Strong desire for personal development and learning, including commitment to continuously upgrading your technical skills as the data landscape change
Work remote, but not alone – with a team filled top to bottom with data analytics professionals
3Cloud Total Rewards Highlights Include:
- Flexible work location with a virtual first approach to work!
- 401(K) with match up to 50% of your 6% contributions of eligible pay
- Generous PTO providing a minimum of 15 days in addition to 9 paid company holidays and 2 floating personal days
- Three medical plan options to allow you the choice to elect what works best for you!
- Option for vision and dental coverage
- 100% employer premium coverage for STD and LTD
- Paid leave for birth parents and non-birth parents
- Option for FSA, HSA, HRA and Dependent Care
- $67.00 monthly tech and home office allowance
- Utilization and/or discretionary bonus eligibility based on role
- Robust Employee Assistance Program to help with everyday challenges
3Cloud offers competitive compensation. In addition to base pay employees are eligible to receive an annual discretionary/utilization bonus. If you are hired at 3Cloud your final base salary is based on factors such as skills, education, experience and/or geographic location. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above includes the full base salary range for the role. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range.
Base Salary Range
Don’t meet every single requirement? At 3Cloud we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
At this time, we cannot sponsor applicants for work visas.