Are you looking for a role that motivates and challenges you? Are you ready for an opportunity for growth? Do you want to work on teams where people roll up their sleeves to take on tough problems together, and regularly blow the doors off our clients with their outstanding teamwork? If you answered yes to those questions, 3Cloud might just be for you!
At 3Cloud, we hire people who aren’t afraid to experiment or fail. We hire people who are willing to give direct and candid feedback to their managers, leaders, and team members. We hire people who jump at those opportunities because they care about our collective growth and success. We hire people who challenge and hold each other accountable for living 3Cloud’s core values because they know that it will result in amazing experiences and solutions for our clients and each other.
Managed Services DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
3Cloud is a technology consulting and managed services firm helping clients transform their businesses and manage their operations through the power of the cloud. We leverage Microsoft Azure to help our clients speed up innovation, operate more efficiently, and be more responsive to their customers’ needs. As a Microsoft partner, we specialize in managed services, migration, cloud-scale custom application development, analytics, and DevOps – all on the Azure platform.
This Data Engineer position is a member of 3Cloud’s Managed Services team. He or she is responsible for ongoing development, support, escalations and proactive maintenance for our client’s Azure Data Platform solution through the Managed Services teams processes, procedures and tools. As a Data Engineer, you will be a critical part of our core team that is an essential to the success of our Managed Services division.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support of client’s Azure Data platform and Power BI Environment, including response to any escalations while helping to analyze and resolve incidents for customers environment
- Consult, develop and advise on solutions in Microsoft Azure with tools such as Databricks, Synapse, Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Warehouse
- Consistently learn, apply, and refine skills around data engineering and some database administration (DBA)
- Design and deploy data pipelines, models, and AI-driven solutions for clients in various industries
- Work with clients on Database Migrations, High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions, SQL and Windows Clustering solutions, Monitoring, Backup/Recovery solutions, Security and Performance Tuning including remediation on performance blockers
- Communicate ticket status information to all associated parties and escalate cases as appropriate
- Interact with clients to identify issues, troubleshoot expediently, and follow up on issues via e-mail, ticketing system, and phone calls. Communicate technical issues and solutions with clients in business terms
- Configure, administer, tune and develop client’s data environment based on contracted services
- Create and maintain updated documentation for each client’s environment
- Promote best practices for clients and internally to enhance and improve organizational processes
- Participate in recurring discussions with clients to review current issues and to propose possible solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent certification
- Experience working in a support role and understanding standard support processes (i.e. ITIL)
- 2 – 4 years working with data and business intelligence solutions on the Microsoft tool stack for Business Intelligence (ADF, SQL DW, Synapse, Databricks, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for problem solving and learning new technologies
- Client relationship skills and experience managing vendors
- Strong desire for personal development and learning, including commitment to continuously upgrading your technical skills as the data landscape change
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting production database server issues
- Experience with Azure SQL PaaS services(e.g. Azure SQL Managed Instance, Azure SQL DB, Azure DB for PostreSQL, etc.)
- Previous DBA experience and knowledge of Kusto Query Language (KQL) is a plus
- Understanding of security roles and how to implement database security
- Experienced running production database server environments including: maintenance, performance optimization, backup/restore, analysis and troubleshootingWork remote, but not alone – with a team filled top to bottom with data analytics professionals
At this time, we cannot sponsor applicants for work visas.
3Cloud Total Rewards Highlights Include:
- Flexible work location with a virtual first approach to work!
- 401(K) with match up to 50% of your 6% contributions of eligible pay
- Generous PTO providing a minimum of 15 days in addition to 9 paid company holidays and 2 floating personal days
- Three medical plan options to allow you the choice to elect what works best for you!
- Option for vision and dental coverage
- 100% employer premium coverage for STD and LTD
- Paid leave for birth parents and non-birth parents
- Option for FSA, HSA, HRA and Dependent Care
- $67.00 monthly tech and home office allowance
- Utilization and/or discretionary bonus eligibility based on role
- Robust Employee Assistance Program to help with everyday challenges
3Cloud offers competitive compensation. In addition to base pay employees are eligible to receive an annual discretionary/utilization bonus. If you are hired at 3Cloud your final base salary is based on factors such as skills, education, experience and/or geographic location. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above includes the full base salary range for the role. It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range.
Base Salary Range
Don’t meet every single requirement? At 3Cloud we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
At this time, we cannot sponsor applicants for work visas.