We are looking for a Senior Speech Scientist to join our team at ELSA and help us in our mission to help every language learner speak a foreign language fluently and confidently.
As a Senior Speech Scientist at ELSA you will work directly with the CTO to define and drive the scientific roadmap of the company and you will be involved in the evolution of the speech technology powering our language assessment services. Your efforts will translate directly into new voice-enabled features and better assessment quality for millions of language learners that regularly use the ELSA app.
Our team is formed by some of Europe’s brightest scientists on state-of-the-art AI and speech recognition technology for language assessment, responsible for the technology that powers the ELSA app.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be aware of the state-of-the-art on areas of interest for ELSA and CALL
- Research new project ideas with potential impact for ELSA
- Plan and lead execution of new projects
- Contribute hands-on on research, prototyping and productization cycles
- Ph.D. in speech technology or natural language processing
- Several years of experience (Post-Ph.D.) pursuing speech-related research
- Experience building user-facing technology
- Experience with Linux software development
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: bash, Python3, C++, Go, Ruby, Java
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Leadership experience leading junior researchers and students
- Experience working with Speech toolkits like Kaldi-ASR, ESPNet, deepSpeech, etc.
- Expertise in acoustic modeling and NLP
- Experience in CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning) technology
- Experience working with deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow o Pytorch
What we offer
- Flexible working location (remote within European time zones is OK)
- Competitive salary and stock options according to seniority
- Private health insurance
- Subsidized meal allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Ample room to grow professionally
- Experience the true startup spirit of a fast-growing and well funded Silicon Valley startup
- Opportunity to work on a mission that can transform the lives of 1.5 Billion language learners around the World
- Work visa sponsorship for Portugal
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.