We are seeking a Senior Computer Vision Engineer to join our growing Team! Our ideal candidate must have prior experience implementing and experimenting with computer vision algorithms; training, measuring, and improving machine learning models based on image datasets and prior performance; and building / deploying those algorithms as services supporting a product. Experience with mobile image and video capture a large plus.
This position is perfect for someone who thrives in a remote work environment and has the desire to build and own the algorithms and services that ensure the authenticity of images - our core value proposition and key intellectual property.
- Measuring, monitoring, and maintaining our image rebroadcasting pipeline in production. This includes true/false positive scoring of images, precision and recall measurement, and dashboarding progress over time
- Defining, training, and improving machine learning models based on image datasets
- Collaborating with our core R&D group on embedding these technologies into our mobile capture pipeline
- Generating new intellectual property for Truepic
- Educating stakeholders (internally and externally) how our technology works through white papers, presentations, and talks
You will succeed in this role if you
- Have a deep understanding of computer vision concepts (classification, similarity, scene reconstruction, depth of field detection) and experience implementing related algorithms in Python
- Are proficient with OpenCV and its application to the above topics
- Are proficient with deep learning-based solutions frameworks (scikit-learn, TensorFlow, etc), model training, and their application to the above topics.
- Have deployed and operated ML-based solutions into a production environment serving enterprise customers in the past
- Have a strong sense of ownership and ability to manage your own time and roadmap for improving a technology area.
- Have a PhD or equivalent experience in computer vision or related theoretical field
- Have a deep understanding of modern mobile device cameras and/or image capture mechanics
- Are Familiar with AWS, Docker, MySQL / Postgres stack
- Are Familiar with BI workflows and tools (AWS Quicksight, Athena, Glue)
- Are comfortable in a remote working environment
- Prior experience working within a growth-stage start-up a big plus
Truepic is a Series A backed startup led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. Our mission is to help organizations make better decisions through trustworthy photos. As the world’s leading photo & video verification company, we aim to empower our partners to accelerate business, foster a healthy civil society, and push back against visual disinformation.
Truepic was named one of Fast Company Magazine’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies of 2019”. Our team is fully distributed - allowing us to hire the best of the best from across the country to join our mission. If you value autonomy & trust in a fast-paced, hard-working environment, you’ve come to the right place.