Do you desire to work with large amounts of data? Are you interested in building a data science function while doing meaningful work? Have you always wanted your work to have a positive societal mission to help underserved communities?
As a Data Scientist at Possible, you will work on interesting, high impact and intellectually stimulating data science projects. Key responsibilities including; Life cycle credit policy management ranging from acquisition to collections, underwriting/machine learning models development, credit risk portfolio reporting, and monitoring, fraud management and prevention, new product analysis and definition, campaign management, and credit strategy testing.
This role requires a high level of analytical problem solving and collaboration as you work cross-functionally to answer key strategic questions and drive decision making. This role reports directly to the Head of Data Science and ML.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Data Analytics
- Designing, developing, and implementing machine learning models / algorithms
- Builds underwriting models to increase loan funding rates while lowering losses
- Drives improvements in customer acquisition and fund recovery
- Identifies and evaluates new data sources to improve customer acquisition and fund recovery
- Works holistically across the entire risk management continuum including marketing channel evaluation and pre-approval criteria for existing customers
- Continue to test new strategies and models and work with the fund recovery team to improve cash collection
- Drives analysis and ongoing improvements to loss performance of new markets.
- Working with other departments (including marketing, loan operations, finance, etc) evaluates new product opportunities and forecasts likely loss performance.
- Evolves strategies and pricing recommendations to improve performance as the new products scale.
For this position we are looking for an experienced data scientist with:
- A bachelors degree in statistics, data science, applied mathematics, computer science, or engineering is required. An advanced degree from a respected academic institution is preferred.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience using tools such as R, Python, SQL, Spark
- Prior experience using reporting tool such as Tableau, Looker or equivalent
- Self-starter with the ability to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and to work simultaneously on several projects.
- Excellent analytical and numerate skills. Attention to detail.
- Experience in analyzing large scale data in both structured and unstructured settings
- Knowledge of cloud computing and AWS services is a plus
About Possible Finance
Possible Finance is a fast-growing Fin-tech startup, we believe financial health is something all everyone deserves, not just the affluent. We’re committed to empowering you with the tools to better your economic situation. We promise to be transparent, serve with kindness, be responsible, and hold ourselves accountable for creating positive change.