Data Science Summer Intern
Azarus · Remote, Europe · June 17, 2020
💸 Undisclosed Salary
Azarus lets players set their own rules on their favorite games. Through integrations and partnerships with leading publishers and game developers, Azarus is able to operate an independent “challenge” network on top of existing games bringing a layer of engagement and excitement by allowing players to have actual skin in the game.
Azarus is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding audience worldwide. The platform enables skill-based games on top of existing games by providing a safe and secure environment where you can get the thrill without the risks.
Azarus helps game developers empower their players by offering new ways to play the games they already love or watch and interact with creators streaming them.
Azarus is headquartered in San Francisco and venture-backed by some of the most iconic investors such as Kleiner Perkins & Galaxy Digital as well as industry leaders.
We’re looking for an outstanding candidate to join us as a Data Science Summer Intern.
- You are in the final years of your data science training or just graduated and are looking at an opportunity to put your skills in practice and learn even more on the job.
- You can code in Python and are familiar with major data science concepts such as data processing, modeling, analysis, and visualization.
- You have a proven ability to work on collaborative projects.
- You have a great capacity to learn new concepts and methods. We do not expect you to master all our stack from day one but trust you can learn quickly.
About the position:
- We offer the opportunity to get some hands-on experience with some real-world projects in a rapidly growing startup in the gaming space.
- You will work in close collaboration with the Head of Data on projects involving functions as diverse as Back-End Development or Marketing.
- You will first get acclimated to our stack with automation or smaller scope projects before engaging in more ambitious projects such as anomaly detection.
- You will get direct support from our Head of Data and development team when needed.
- Our stack includes tools such as Python (and common Data Science libraries like pandas), Jupyter, ElasticSearch, Github, Shiny or Flask with an AWS infrastructure.
If you believe you make a strong applicant, please send us your CV highlighting some past projects you worked on, how you approached it and what you delivered.
- Stipend up to 500$/month
- Work will be done remotely (the company is fully distributed) in an EU-compatible timezone.
- Available full time for a 3 to 6 months period
- Working language is English. All applications must be written in English.